CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Slasher

November is almost over. I have blogged once.

This is appalling.

How did I get so "busy"? Because really, I'm not that busy. Just LAZY. But honestly, does that surprise anyone?

I titled this blog "Slasher" and not "Slacker" because it's not about me being a slacker (really), it's about the surgery I'm getting on December 18th. I'm getting my throat slashed open and a parathyroid gland (or two, we're not sure yet) removed. When I say "throat slashed" I, of course, mean a tiny nick approximately the width of a penny will be made in the front of my neck. The incision is so small that I am actually embarrassed to be staying in the hospital. I decided to write about this via blog because whenever I mention that I'm getting surgery to someone over the phone or in person I get a horrified and semi-apologetic reaction, to the tune of "Oh I'm so sorry!" Don't be so sorry, it's really not a big deal at all. Now I can add one more part of my body to the list of organs I've had removed (two so far) and I get another cool scar to add to my ever-growing collection.

PS: Here's a visual for your enjoyment. The one that I'm getting removed is on the bottom, your left, my right.

2 comments:

christy said...

Nifty! That's not apologetic or horrified :o)

Danielle and Melissa said...

You're gettin' your throat cut! I will have to come visit you to check out your cool neck scar.