CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Phone Bill

This is not the blog I meant to write tonight. The blog I meant to write was supposed to be about all the crap I did last week. It included pictures and witty captions. I decided to put off that blog when I began to read the "detail" section of my cell phone bill. How did I go from photo blog to cell phones? I had a bunch of phone pictures I needed to e-mail myself on the internet to put on the blog, which required me to log in to my Verizon account and download them to my computer, etc. After a ten minute ordeal in trying to remember my username, resetting my password, and trying to remember what the last four digits of my mom's social security number was, I remembered that my bill had been unusually high lately. I decided to investigate. I clicked on the section that had the breakdown of every single minute I used and call I made. I scanned the page for reasons behind all the extra charges (about sixteen 411 calls - my bad) and I was quickly lost in a trance of old conversations that occurred during the month of May. I don't know if you've ever read that particular section of a phone bill but it is possibly one of the most intriguining and saddening things I've ever done. Looking back I realized a few things about myself and my phone habits.

#1: I still don't like to talk on the phone. At all. My longest conversation clocked in at twenty-five minutes, and that was due mostly to me being on hold for about 15.

#2: Sort of along the same train of thought as #1, my longest calls (ten minutes or more) are to one of three people; Genevieve, Sarah Balch, and Nate; which is weird because I don't really remember talking to Nate or Sarah for such long lengths of time. I feel like those times might have a lot to do with hold times as well.

#3: It's really interesting and pretty heartbreaking to look back and see who you talked to so often only a month ago. It's crazy that I barely call Meagen or Natasha anymore. I suppose you would get the same feeling reading through someone's comments on The 'Space or The 'Face, but I feel like phone conversations are just so much more personal. It just kind of trips me out to know that I worked up the guts to call someone and talk live and in person over the phone a month ago that I haven't spoken with since then (Natashaaaaa...).

#4: Cell phones are some expensive shit. I still don't really understand what exactly is costing me somewhere around sixty dollars a month, I just know that I need to cut back on the 411 calls.

#5: My memory is pretty amazing. I can look at all of the longer calls and sort of remember what we talked about and where I was or what I was doing while I was on the phone. I impressed myself a little bit.

I guess I really am pretty overwhelmed with seeing all those old numbers on there, especially Nate and Natasha's because we don't really talk anymore and it's crazy to see how often we used to call each other. I can't believe I've been out of school for a month (how do I know? I got my period) and my summer is 1/4 over already. I don't really know how to end this; I guess I'll just have to make it a point to call Natasha tomorrow.

No comments: