CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

SUMMERTIIIIIIIIIIIME...

And the living's easy.

I usually don't check my e-mail until late at night (meaning after 11), usually just before I go to bed. This guarantees that my inbox has had the maximum amount of working hours to accumulate new mail so that I almost always have a lot of new messages when I sign on. Lately I've been kind of disappointed because no one's really been leaving me any comments on the 'Space or the 'Face. Tonight, after getting online only to realize that my inbox was filled with spam and a stupid forward from my dad, I came to understand the beauty of an empty inbox. I see now that my lack of comments from my friends doesn't mean that they care less about talking to me; quite the opposite in fact. It means that I am seeing them so much in REAL LIFE - actual face-to-face quality time spent together - that they don't need to leave me stupid internet messages to keep me up to date. AnnE doesn't need to tell me that she finally found ate a Tacos Moreno burrito today; I was there with her. Cassady doesn't have to send me a picture of her hair in the douchebaggy hipster shoelace/headband she rocked today. I saw it in person and reminded her of how douchey it truly was. Smurfy didn't leave me a comment about her friend Jordan finally being in Mount Hermon, instead I met him in person and we all hung out together at her house and watched a movie. It might be corny - in fact, it's definitely corny, but I don't really care. This is definitely my favorite part of summer.

3 comments:

Cassady said...

You know you dug the headband.

.carolann. said...

I am leaving you a comment about how happy I am that Jordan is now at MH and how sad I will never see him cause he's busy at Pondy.

Vanessa said...

Yesss...