CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Charitable Giving

People tonight seem to think I'm a lot drunker than I actually am. This blog will prove to them that I'm basically sober, I just got a little crazy for a while there. Grandma Shirley's 75th birthday party was today and I think only three people total were not drunk. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. On to charitable giving, our subject for today's blog. Every summer the powers that be at Mount Hermon hit up all the incoming summer staff workers for a donation from each of their paychecks (keep in mind said summer staffers are making a maximum of $250 each week). They claim that, Mount Hermon being a non-profit organization, the rely solely on donations from caring people to fund their scholarship program for slightly poorer rich families to come and complain about what classroom their child is in. Anyway, I digress. The point is, a lot of workers end up throwing down about five bucks a month in donations to Mount Hermon. This year, however, summer staff's got a whole new pitch to look forward to. I will be taking Blue Pig around from department to department (Child Care, Day Camp, Dining, etc.) to try and raise money and awareness for the Nate Curry Tattoo Fund. Who is Blue Pig and what is this Fund that I speak of? Take your ass over to Blue Pig's MySpace and find out for yourself.

No comments: