CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Pity Party

I'm writing this from Sarah Balch's house right now on her computer from the future. It has taken her approximately one hour to take care of all her "feminine needs," due to impossible cramps and a lack of feminie hygiene products in her house, even though there are five girls in her family. One hour and a trip to Safeway later, I'm still waiting. We are supposedly going to drink hot chocolate and watch The Departed. My prediction: we'll drink about a quarter of our hot chocolate and then fall asleep forty-five minutes into the movie. It may seem a little cynical but really it's all good to me.
As of about fifteen minutes ago, I decided I was officially over my pity party. If you didn't already know (and I'm sure you did, since only about six people read this and I know they know), I've had kind of a difficult week that has basically culminated in me feeling really badly about myself. It even carried over into my trip to the lovely and fabulous Central Valley. I was so excited to see Ducky and Guido and their assorted family members but I still couldn't stop feeling a little bit bummed. Don't get me wrong; I had an AMAZING time - shout outs to Ducky and Guido for some killer snuggling and swimming! - I just couldn't stop talking about how tweedled I was. The same thing started up again tonight at Sarah's. Brenda asked what was up and I told her the whole saga and I just got really down again. This is it, though. I'm officially done. I don't want to feel bad about stupid shit anymore so I'm just not going to. Sarah's back now and she's singing a song to her phone and talking so fast I don't know what she's actually saying. I'm nodding and agreeing while I type. Sarah Balch is amazing, Ducky and Guido are amazing, and Oregon will be amazing when I fly up there tomorrow! Wish me luck, because I'm pretty freaking sure my plane will crash due to me being so damn paranoid about flying in the first place. Movie time!

PS: Here's awesome banner Ducky's sister made for us during our CV pity party! It's not quite as cool as Army banner, but it's awesome nonetheless. I want it muraled onto the wall in my room...

3 comments:

Danielle and Melissa said...

You're welcome, we're all really glad you came.

And your plane is not going to crash. Just focus on the cool mini things (sodas) you get to have on the plane.

Vanessa said...

Ginger ale, here I come.

I seriously had so much fun, thank you for having me! If you're lucky I'll bring you back some crap from Oregon!

Anonymous said...

No Dory, YOU'RE amazing.