CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Deep Blog...Be Warned

I couldn't sleep last night. I'd like to chalk it up to being really torn up about Lauren Berglund, but that's a lie. It's mostly due to the fact that I took a two hour nap yesterday. While I was trying to sleep I did do a lot of thinking about Lauren Berglund though. I didn't really know her well, but I definitely KNEW her, and that alone is enough to sufficiently freak me out. I like to think that I deal with death very well, especially being a nurse or whatever, but I guess I really don't. I mean, I can handle when someone has a fatal disease. You're diagnosed, given a timeline, and that's that. Disease is sad, but it's so much better than an accident. At least if you have a fatal disease you have time to tell everyone and say your goodbyes. I feel so badly for Lauren's family. I can't even imagine if that was me. What if it was my mom or my sister or my dad? That's what really freaks me out - the suddenness of it all. It kills me that she was all alone for so long while she was dying too. That just seems so unfair. I don't really know what else to say. I just think it's all really really unfair and sad and horrible.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, feel free to read this article from the Sentinel. It sums things up pretty well.

No comments: